Volunteer Coordinator: Jasmin Witcher, email@example.com, 703-658-9500
Description of Volunteer Opportunities/Responsibilities:
1) Children's Life Skills - Help children gain the necessary skills to transition into pre-school well. Must be able to volunteer on a Thursday night from 7:15-9:15pm.
2) Helpline Worker - Provide referrals to callers. Must be available daytime hours, M-F.
3) Fundraising & Awareness Planner - Plan a small event within your own community.
4) Joseph's Coat Thrift Shop - Provide assistance with pricing, sorting, moving, and displaying donated items.
5) Special events - Assist with planning and executing special events throughout the year.
6) Professional Volunteer - Provide professional services to clients in your area of expertise. (Depends on needs of clients.) E.g., present a workshop at our Life Skills Workshops held on Thursdays from 7:30-9pm.
7) Group volunteering - Rake leaves, help set-up, serve & clean-up at a special event, etc.
Number of Volunteers: 50
Types of Volunteers Needed: Adult-individual; Adult-group; Holiday
Training Requirements: Volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation and receive any necessary special training.
Hours Needed: Weekday; Weekday Evening; Weekend Day.
Easily Accessible by Public Transportation: No
Volunteer Center Affiliations: Volunteer Fairfax; Other (Provide the name); Greater DC Cares
Ideas for a Team or Group Activity: Teams could assist with providing pro bono help, participating in raking leaves, planting, cleaning, providing communications and design assistance, etc.
Suggestions for a Drive to Benefit this Organization: Toilet paper, paper towels, twin-sized linens, towel sets, cleaning supplies, and rice cookers.
Bethany House of Northern Virginia’s (BHNV) will host its 4th annual Garden of Light reception on Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 3 - 6 pm at Immanuel Bible Church in Springfield, VA.
Join us for an inspirational afternoon of food, fellowship, live music, a client testimonial and a silent auction with many one-of a kind packages donated by local area businesses. Tickets are $55.00 per person, and will directly benefit victims of abuse served through BHNV’s Family Assistance Program.